Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My voice Thread

I chose to critique the advertisement of the popular and classic soft drink, Coke. My voice thread looks at some Coke advertisements and towards the end I look at the problem of obesity in our society.

I really love the Voice Thread website and I think it is a great way to have students discuss images, or even explain an interesting trip or idea. Very cool tool, and even cooler that it is FREE!! I also really like the idea of how other people can comment on the voice thread as well. People can comment in many ways--text, webcam, microphone, etc. The variety associated with this tool is great. What I first noticed about this program was how user friendly it is. I was a little worried about getting it going, but it was actually very easy to get started. I think some people shy away from using technology because it can be so hard to use sometimes. Voice Thread does a great job of being very easy to use, which is great for teachers, as well as students. I hope to use Voice Thread in my classroom one day.

Check it out: My Voice Thread

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I REALLY liked the topic you picked for your voicethread--it was super cool to see the different media representations of Coke over time. You do a nice job to picking from a range of media forms--print ads to billboards to commercials. Our society is so infultrated with ads that I think sometimes we fail to think about them critically. Your voicethread forced me to slow down and think about: what is the purpose of this ad?, what is it saying implicitly?, how do I respond to it?, etc. Additionally, it was interesting that you juxtaposed the ads with the unforunate reality of health concerns often associated with sugary drinks. All of the ads, however, only depict positivity (people smiling, friends drinking together, healthy atheles, etc).

    **Funny side note- I just looked out my window to see 2 red Coca Cola semi trucks driving by! ha! The ads are everywhere! :>)

    ReplyDelete