Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Ad I Created...

Tanning beds...more like death beds.


As a melanoma survivor myself, it drives me CRAZY to see people using tanning booths. More needs to be done to show people that melanoma is a serious form of cancer that is just as deadly as many other cancers. People often times think that skin cancer is far less dangerous than other types of cancer, but it is not true. I strongly believe that people need to be proactive about their health and do what they can to protect their bodies. Wear SPF, limit your time in the sun, check your moles on a regular basis, and most importantly, stay OUT of tanning booths. Ok, now I will jump off my soap box :)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey! What a cool ad and message! So glad that you could use your own experiences with melanoma to provide an informative ad for others. I like that you depict an activity--tanning--that so many people don't think of as being damaging. Also, I think that so often people don't realize how serious melanoma is and may discount advice to wear SPF, etc. Glad that you used an alarming statistic in your ad to catch peoples' attention.

    ReplyDelete